Saturday 19 January 2013

Reflecting on Destiny

DESTINY = 1. The events that will necessarily happen to a particular person or thing in the future. 2. The hidden power believed to control what will happen in the future; fate.
 
About a year ago I decided to take a break from listening to the news and watching TV in general, as I felt there was too much negativity being reported... As many reporters now will tell us a 'good news' never make the News..



Your are here Meaningfully - sketch
 
 

Nevertheless, one cannot escape from hearing bad news happening around us…

I remember last year a couple of shocking news: one at the Royal Botanic Gardens (at Kew Gardens in London, a place that I was visiting frequently at the time), when a falling tree branch resulted in a fatality..., and a few days after that there was an accident on the high road of the neighbourhood where I Iive, when a lorry driver lost control of his truck, went over the footpath and hit a person with a fatal consequences....  That week I remember feeling very distressed, touched and thoughtful at the same time... Trying to comprehend and understand people's destiny…

The reason I am writing about this today is because today, while on the train in my way to work, the driver announced that we will not be stopping at Vauxhall (where I get off every day), due to a fatality nearby; an helicopter crashed onto a building's crane causing a couple of fatalities… I just couldn't believe it…
 
Your are here Meaningfully - Watercolur washes

Destiny.., Destiny.., Destiny... How can we digest news like this? How can families who are directly touched by these fatalities can cope?  Yes, we all think, Oh!, my God  'being in the wrong place at the wrong time'...  Is this really true?, or… Do we chose, at subconscious level, the way we will departure from this life???..

"You are what your deep, driving desire is.
As your desire is, so is your will.
As your will is, so is your deed.
As your deed is, so is your destiny."
- Brihadaranyaka Upanishad IV 4.5 -

We all are where we are in our spiritual and personal development… I am still searching, trying to understand, learning... but during these years walking on the path of self-discovery, I have come to realise, I have awaken to one thing I believe to be true, which is the power that we all have within.. We just have to be in constant touch with the source, with our devine an unique self.

Today is Friday already.... juppppiiii!!!!!  I DO NOT WORK TODAY !!! Jupppiiiiii!!! (please note I started writing this post two days ago)..

It has been snowing in London this morning, and since I am at home I thought it would be nice to share this video with you. I wanted to show you a Buddah statue I have in the garden, but I could not get very close as it was really cold and I was not dressed for the ocassion (making this video was totally spontaneus, so I didn't even had shoes on), sorry!!!... My voice will tell you that I am felling nervous filming, so please forgive me, I think my english pronunciation has gone a bit rusty, specially since I've been speaking Spanish to my son for the last three years and seven month... :-) :-)..., and working for United Nations in a multicultural environment does not strenghten your english pronunciation either... :-) :-) :-)



When I read something that provokes a deep emotion beyond physical, I know in my soul it is true...
 
"Each person comes into this world with a specific destiny--he has something to fulfull, some message has to be deliverd, some work has to be completed. You are not here accidentally--you are here meaningfully. There is a purpose behind you. The whole intends to do something through you." -Osho
 (Osho was a mystic, teacher and master. He established a community in Pune, India, dedicated to sharing his dynamic meditations and other teachings, including the ideal of "Zorba the Buddha", a man combining both spiritual pursuit and human enjoyment).




You are here Meaningfully
 
 
Today is Saturday, I just finished the above painting, I hope you like it and motivates you to create art....
 
As always I appreciate you all for taking your time reading this blog. Lots of Love Glo.x


No comments:

Post a Comment