Thursday 25 October 2012

Food for Thought

The weather in London is very misty lately, but despite how grey the colour of the sky is, one can always find beauty...

This lovely picture was taken by the river Thames. I am greatful for living so close to this beautiful scenary, so I can go for a walk to feed the swans and the ducks every now and then (my son loves it!!)


I have said to myself that I was going to try and sketch/draw/paint, etc.. almost every day, but there are times when the day has passed and I have not drawn a single line...uuuffff!!..

The following quotation puts me in a reflective mood every time I come accross to it..

"There is a voice in the Universe urging us to remember our purpose for being on this great Earth. This is the voice of inspiration, which is within each and every one of us." 
(Dr. Wayne W. Dyer)

One has to be so attentive to her inner thoughts, and listen very carefully, because the voice of inspiration is certainly there, it is just waiting to be acknowledged, and some times one has just to pick up the pencil and begin to scribble.. (the result maybe something else beyon the scrible)...

Last Friday morning while having my coffee in the kitchen at home, I was driven to sketch a self-portrait, my first attempt ever.. I still do not believe I did it myself, because I think that it's not too bad, isn't?....
 
In due course, I should be posting the finished sketch with the photo I based myself on..

Thank you for reading, I really appreciate you..

1 comment:

  1. How special that you live so close to such beauty! I am sure living in London is amazing. Have a blessed weekend! RM :)

    ReplyDelete